FreeThink Technologies Webinar Series: Selecting Primary Packaging for Stability for Solid Dosage Forms
Tuesday, June 9th, 10:00-11:00 am (Eastern Daylight Time)
Packaging plays a major role in many aspects of a product’s overall cost, usability and quality. For some products, such as drug and medical products, packaging can play a crucial role in protecting the product from environmental factors such as moisture and oxygen, which in turn can have a significant impact on the product’s shelf-life. Traditionally, determining packaging for solid dosage forms has involved labor- and time-intensive studies where products are packaged with candidate materials, and then analyzed over a period of many months. With advanced stability modeling, much of which is incorporated into the ASAPprime® software package, primary packaging can be selected in a few weeks without having to do package screening at all.
What you will learn:
- Establishing product sensitivity to moisture: stability model development
- Modeling relative humidity inside a package as a function of time
- Selecting appropriate packaging for moisture protection
- Determining oxygen sensitivity
- Modeling oxygen inside a package as a function of time
- Selecting appropriate packaging for oxygen protection
- Package changes in regulatory submissions
Ken Waterman, Ph.D., President
For those unable to attend the webinar, please register and the recording will be made available to you after June 9th.