FreeThink Technologies, Inc. (www.FreeThinkTech.com) is a rapidly growing company and the world leader in the science and technology of stability. FreeThink conducts laboratory studies for domestic and international clients in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and consumer products industries and develops its own novel technologies. FreeThink’s scientists work in a fast-paced environment on a wide variety of projects including mechanistic and scientific investigations, problem solving, rapid shelf-life determinations based on FreeThink’s ASAPprime®, and other statistical software and complex formulation development.
We are seeking a full-time Formulation Technician to work in our Engineering and Formulation Sciences group. The Engineering and Formulation Sciences group develops formulations for evaluation using FreeThink’s ASAPprime® accelerated stability approach, complex dosage forms for customers, and new drug delivery platforms and products.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Preparing formulation records and manufacturing formulations using mixing, blending, granulating and compression laboratory equipment
- Performing physical characterization of formulations using test instrumentation including viscometer and texture analyzer.
- Recording detailed observations based upon manufacturing and testing to support further development activities
- Maintaining development equipment, including setup, operation, disassembly, cleaning, calibration and training
- Ability to learn practical laboratory techniques and equipment operations
- Desire to work in a laboratory focused role with attention to details
- Strong laboratory notebook documentation skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Ability to work well in teams of diverse background and experiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in an R&D or manufacturing environment desired, especially related to pharmaceutical dosage form development and production
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis for any employer without the need for sponsorship
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Position to be on-site in our Branford, CT facilities, full-time
- Compensation package commensurate with experience/qualifications
FreeThink is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability status or age.