Part of the FreeThink Technologies Webinar Series, “Selecting Primary Packaging for Stability for Solid Dosage Forms,” was presented live on Tuesday, June 9th, 2020. The presentation was given by Dr. Ken Waterman, President, and the virtual event was moderated by Dr. Alisa Waterman, Chief Science Officer. More information on this webinar is provided below.
To access the recording of this webinar and others, please visit our Webinars page here.
“Selecting Primary Packaging for Stability for Solid Dosage Forms”
Packaging plays a major role in many aspects of a product’s overall cost, usability and quality. For some products, such as drug and medical products, packaging can play a crucial role in protecting the product from environmental factors such as moisture and oxygen, which in turn can have a significant impact on the product’s shelf-life. Traditionally, determining packaging for solid dosage forms has involved labor- and time-intensive studies where products are packaged with candidate materials, and then analyzed over a period of many months. With advanced stability modeling, much of which is incorporated into the ASAPprime® software package, primary packaging can be selected in a few weeks without having to do package screening at all.
What you will learn:
- Establishing product sensitivity to moisture: stability model development
- Modeling relative humidity inside a package as a function of time
- Selecting appropriate packaging for moisture protection
- Determining oxygen sensitivity
- Modeling oxygen inside a package as a function of time
- Selecting appropriate packaging for oxygen protection
- Package changes in regulatory submissions