FreeThink Technologies, Inc. (www.FreeThinkTech.com) is a rapidly growing company and the world leader in the science and technology of stability. FreeThink conducts laboratory studies for US and international clients in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and consumer products industries and develops its own novel technologies. FreeThink’s scientists work in a fast-paced environment on a wide variety of projects including mechanistic and scientific investigations, problem solving, rapid shelf-life determinations based on FreeThink’s ASAPprime® and other statistical software, and complex formulation development.
We are seeking a full time Laboratory Scientist – Physical Sciences to work in our laboratories in Branford, Connecticut.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Execution of Accelerated Stability Assessment Program (ASAP) studies
- Characterizing physical properties of drug products using techniques including calorimetry (DSC), colorimetry, disintegration, and moisture sorption analysis (DVS)
- Assessing barrier properties of pharmaceutical packaging
- Compiling and analyzing experimental data using spreadsheet and statistical analysis programs
- Ensuring work is performed in compliance with standard operating procedures, good laboratory practices, and good manufacturing practices
- Documenting laboratory work in a clear, detailed, and organized manner
- Presenting experimental data and interpretation in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally
- Carrying out proprietary research projects under supervision
- Developing and maintaining expertise in chemistry/pharmaceutics and various instrumental techniques through continuing professional education and training
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific field
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while adhering to timelines
- Flexibility, attention to detail, and eagerness to learn new skills
- Interest and ability to pursue directed research
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis for any employer without the need for sponsorship
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Position to be on-site in our Branford, CT facilities
- Experience in a research and development laboratory environment
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, scientific writing, and verbal communication skills
FreeThink is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability status or age.