FreeThink Technologies, Inc. (www.FreeThinkTech.com) is a rapidly growing company and the world leader in the science and technology of stability. FreeThink conducts laboratory studies for domestic and international clients in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and consumer products industries and develops its own novel technologies. FreeThink’s scientists work in a fast-paced environment on a wide variety of projects including mechanistic and scientific investigations, problem-solving, rapid shelf-life determinations based on FreeThink’s ASAPprime® and other statistical software, and complex formulation development.
We are seeking a full-time Formulation Development Scientist to work in our laboratories in Branford, Connecticut.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Developing solid and liquid formulation compositions and preparation processes for client and internal development projects
- Designing and performing experiments to evaluate robustness of formulation compositions and processes
- Characterizing formulations using techniques including disintegration, dissolution, hardness, particle size, differential scanning calorimetry, and viscosity testing
- Compiling, analyzing, documenting, and presenting experimental data
- Preparing formulation and processing records for internal development experiments and external GMP manufacturing batches
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific field
- Experience in a research and development laboratory environment and desire to continue in a laboratory focused role
- Good laboratory notebook documentation skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis for any employer without the need for sponsorship
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Position to be on-site in our Branford, CT facilities
- Compensation package commensurate with experience/qualifications
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, scientific writing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with dosage form development
- Experience performing analysis of immediate release and controlled release drug products using HPLC, UPLC, UV, and dissolution instrumentation
FreeThink is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability status or age.