FreeThink Technologies, Inc. is a rapidly growing company and the world leader in the science and technology of stability. FreeThink conducts laboratory studies for domestic and international clients in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and consumer product industries, and develops its own new technologies. Our scientists work on a wide variety of projects including mechanistic and scientific investigations, stability-indicating method development, rapid shelf-life determinations based on our ASAPprime® software, cGMP stability studies, and creative stability problem-solving. We also develop complex formulations for our client companies.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Analytical Scientist to carry out hands-on work in our laboratories located in Branford, Connecticut.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
· Analyzing products to determine chemical and physical properties following Company, client, and pharmacopeial methodologies
· Performing method development for potency and impurity/degradant analysis using GC, HPLC, UPLC, or LC/MS instrumentation.
· Ensuring work is performed in compliance with standard operating procedures, good laboratory practices, and good manufacturing practices
· Concurrently documenting laboratory work in a clear, detailed, and organized manner
· Compiling and analyzing results using spreadsheet and statistical analysis programs
· Carrying out proprietary research and development projects
· Developing and maintaining technical expertise through continuing professional education and training
· Mentoring and developing less experienced analytical scientists
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or related scientific field with 10+ years of relevant experience as listed herein.
· Experience performing method development for potency and impurity/degradant analysis, of API and formulated drug product, using HPLC, UPLC, GC, or LC/MS instrumentation.
· Experience performing potency and impurity/degradant analysis, of API and formulated drug product, using HPLC, UPLC, GC, or LC/MS instrumentation.
· Experience with Waters Empower LIMS system
· Experience with Agilent and Waters chromatography equipment
· Ability to handle multiple projects while adhering to timelines
· Ability to solve problems creatively
· Possessing effective written and oral communication skills
· Authorization to work in the United States on a permanent basis for any employer without the need for sponsorship
· Experience with dissolution testing, Karl Fisher analysis, and stability testing desirable
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR FREETHINK TECHNOLOGIES
· Compensation package commensurate with experience
· Matching 401K savings plan
· Health/dental plan
· Beautiful and convenient coastal Connecticut location near New Haven
FreeThink is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, veteran status, disability status or age.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All visitors must wear masks. The entire staff is vaccinated.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Chemical engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location